Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark New York Review and Coupons
If you’re looking for a great summer getaway with the kids or perhaps a romantic winter trip for two, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark has something for everyone. Located in Queensbury New York, this Six Flags Park has numerous attractions for people of all ages with the biggest draw being its huge indoor waterpark. In addition, the lodge features great food choices, a spa, an arcade, a fitness center, and a shopping center. This article will give you a brief overview of the park and then provide you with some great coupon codes so that you can make the most of your stay.
History of the Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
While the history of Six Flags extends back a number of years the Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark is a relatively recent addition to the growing Six Flags enterprise. The Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark was opened in 2006 and at the time was the only hotel in New York that contained an indoor waterpark. Just a quick jump over the US 9 is the Great Escape theme park also owned by Six Flags.
Things to Do
Six Flags Parks are known for their great food, fun thrill rides, and their ability to cater to people of all ages. The Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark continues on with the history that has made Six Flags what it is today. The many activities and attractions include:
- Star Light Arcade: here kids and parents alike will love the 45-game arcade where they’ll be able to win prizes and redeem rewards tickets.
- Tranquility Spa: if you’re looking for a more relaxing getaway, the Tranquility Spa may be the place for you. It features many of the greatest spa treats including massages, aromatherapy and a beauty bar.
- Fitness Center: while many people go on vacation to get away from the monotony of everyday life, some enjoy sticking to some of those everyday activities. Fortunately, if you’re worried about missing a workout, the Lodge has a great universal gym at your disposal.
- Northwoods Traders: If you’re in the mood for a little shopping, the Northwoods Traders shop has a wide variety of clothes, accessories and souvenirs so you’ll be able to take home a little piece of the Lodge.
- White Water Bay: the largest draw of The Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark is without a doubt White Water Bay which features a number of rides including a 41 foot tube drop, a kids water filled play area, and even a play area for newborns. In addition, White Water bay includes a hot tub spa area solely for those 18 and over so that you’ll be able to relax peaceful.
The Lodge features something for everyone when it comes to food. If you’re in the mood for a classic burger, fries, and shake meal then Johnny Rockets is the place for you. If you’d rather have a nice cold beer and a pizza, the Tall Tales Tavern offers many lighter food choices and a great selection of alcohol. Of course, for those of us who need our morning coffee, the Tall Pines Coffee Corner is a great way to get our fix along with delicious baked goods. Lastly, for a quick lunch including a wide variety of grilled foods, the Birch Bark Grill is a great place to eat.
A great vacation is always good; however, a great vacation at a discounted price is even better. That’s why we’ve provided you with a number of coupon codes to ensure you get the best deal possible on your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark vacation. If you’re planning on visiting any of the Six Flags parks more than twice a season pass can provide you with unlimited visits and discount coupons totaling over $300 in savings.
If this will be your only trip to a Six Flags park this year then check out our other daily discount coupon codes for more great ways to save on your trip including combination packages for the Lodge and the Great Escape theme park in addition to family package and other great package deals. After all, everyone should enjoy a few savings.
Latest posts by Roman Konietzka (see all)
- Six Flags Coupons in the 2014 season - January 12, 2014
- New Coupon Website for your Six Flags Needs - August 14, 2013
- Free Refills the entire day when buying a souvenir sports bottle - July 15, 2013